Saturday, March 26, 2016

Slice #26

The cold, crisp water wraps around me like a blanket.  I dunk my head underwater to escape the hot, sticky air.  I come up for a breath and I can hear my sisters jumping in behind me.  My youngest sister shrieks when she feels the cold water but then she laughs and goes underwater.  I grin and follow her.  She can't touch the bottom so she swims around the pool, holding the edge when she needs a break.  My twin sister and I practice our handstands.  The pool is so long that it takes forever to get all the way around it.  Once we've made our way around it twice we take a short break in the shallow end and then play Marco Polo.  I am not great at this game so I end up being Marco for a long time before I finally tag one of my sisters.  We play until each of us has been Marco and then we get bored.  We get out and sit in the hot tub for thirty seconds and then jump back into the pool.  It is freezing cold but also kind of refreshing.  After that our mom gives us a five minute warning until we have to leave so we swim around the pool one more time and then get out and dry off for dinner.

5 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read! great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really descriptive and sounds really fun! Good slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really descriptive and sounds really fun! Good slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds super fun! I love how you explain how good the cold water feels nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really fun! I like how you describe all of the things that you did, instead of going into extensive detail on just one, which helped to make a whole picture of what swimming was like. Great job!

    ReplyDelete