Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Slice #29

After my episode on the day of my grandmother's funeral my mom decided it was time to get help.  That's how I wound up sitting on an uncomfortable couch in a psychologist's office.  I sat on the edge of the couch as if preparing to run at any moment if necessary.  I looked at my watch.  The lady was eight minutes and 26 seconds late.  Perfect. She runs in four minutes later looking ridiculous with pieces of hair blowing out of her ponytail and wearing clothes that don't even come close to matching.  
"I'm sorry" She says.  
I roll my eyes.  She looks at me but says nothing.  Then she sits in the chair across from me and crosses her legs.  She stays silent as if waiting for me to talk.  When I say nothing she sits up farther as if uncomfortable and says
"Hello, I'm Laurel.  Thank you for meeting with me today!" in the most annoyingly perky way.  This is going to be a long half hour.  

2 comments:

  1. You add a good amount of detail, and it is easy to tell what is happening. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You described everything really well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete